Citrix Application Performance Management
At a major cloud computing and communication event, Citrix and CA Technologies (News - Alert) announced their partnership for the acceleration of the adoption of cloud services by the enterprises. The alliance will help enterprises and service providers increase productivity by providing additional management and monitoring capabilities on top of Citrix cloud and desktop virtualization solutions.
Cloud infrastructure and Desktop Virtualization are the two key areas of focus under the partnership. The collaboration will enable deliverance of end-to-end performance management and automation services across Citrix CloudPlatform and Citrix XenDesktop environments.
In the area of cloud computing, Citrix will leverage CA Technologies’ management solutions to provide in-depth insight and control of public and private clouds built on its Cloud Platform technologies.
“By combining the advanced cloud management, automation and performance management from CA Technologies with our leading cloud platform, our joint customers will have the tools and capabilities that they need to efficiently run their cloud operations,” senior vice president of Solutions at Citrix Gordon Payne explained in a statement.
This focus will include:
- CA Nimsoft (News - Alert) Monitor support for Citrix CloudPlatform, powered by Apache CloudStack, and Citrix XenServer to provide performance monitoring of remote, secured hosted cloud deployments.
- CA Automation Suite for Clouds support of Citrix CloudPlatform to offer self-service provisioning and process automation, as well as metering and chargeback of infrastructure resources.
- CA Server Automation, embedded in CA Automation Suite for Clouds, supports XenServer orchestration.
The second area of collaboration involves leveraging CA Technologies management solutions to provide lifecycle management, monitoring, and service level visibility for Citrix virtual app and desktop solutions. This focus will include:
- CA Nimsoft Monitor for VDI support for Citrix XenDesktop to offer end-to-end visibility and service quality monitoring of health, availability and performance of the entire VDI implementation.
- CA Client Automation and CA Virtual Desktop Automation support for Citrix XenDesktop to provide a consistent management infrastructure for the lifecycle of virtual and physical desktops.
- CA Infrastructure Management support of Citrix XenDesktop deployments to provide performance, availability, flow, capacity, and application response management data regarding the underlying infrastructure.
“We welcome the news that two of our key technology partners are working together to accelerate virtual desktop deployments. CA Technologies automation solutions' support for Citrix XenDesktop will expand our consulting approach for seamless management and automation of the entire range of data center and client devices, whether physical or virtual,” said Vice President of Enterprise Server & Software at Fujitsu (News - Alert) Technology Solutions Dr. Rolf Strotmann.
Recently, Citrix announced the strategy for the next generation of NetScaler SDX, the company's consolidated service delivery networking platform, for software defined networks (SDN).
Edited by Amanda Ciccatelli
Which team, in your organization, is responsible for managing Citrix application performance?
Featured White Papers
- Resolve Performance Issues Within Your Citrix Environment
While powerful and beneficial, the Citrix environment can present new challenges to IT departments when troubleshooting application performance issues. Citrix acts as a proxy for backend applications, making it difficult to get end-to-end visibility of transactions and to identify and troubleshoot end-user experience problems. Learn about a breakthrough solution that provides unprecedented end-to-end visibility of user transactions traversing a Citrix server.
- High Definition Application Performance Management
Most IT organizations struggle to address end-to-end application performance management, despite the fact that the responsiveness and availability of critical business applications significantly impacts the bottom-line. This report, featuring research from Gartner, presents a "High Definition Application Performance Management" approach based on the principles of breadth, depth, analytics, integration and low overhead.bottom-line. This report, featuring research from Gartner, presents a "High Definition Application Performance Management" approach based on the principles of breadth, depth, analytics, integration and low overhead.
- Managing Performance of Critical Applications by Forrester Consulting
In conducting a survey of IT professionals, Forrester found that the lack of performance and availability of critical and complex applications had direct and negative consequences on business productivity, business finances, and IT efficiency.
Featured Case Studies
- Duane Morris uses AppResponse Xpert to obtain a "big picture" view of their network
Duane Morris LLP is a full-service firm of approximately 550 lawyers. The firm has doubled in size in the past five years and continues to expand. The IT team has been working to build a more centralized IT infrastructure to improve performance and reduce costs.
- Trafigura uses AppResponse Xpert to resolve an optimization issue with a critical Citrix application
Trafigura is now one of the world's largest independent commodity trading companies, specializing in the energy and base metals market. The Trafigura IT department maintains four data centers and 16 core sites supported by an MPLS network that enables the prioritization of key applications, including video conferencing, VoIP, Citrix, HTTP web browsing, database links, and email.